Adults may seek accent reduction/modification therapy if they are experiencing difficulty being understood in the following situations:
- When speaking with their boss, colleagues or employees
- When interacting with clients over the telephone
- When delivering work-related presentations or hosting meetings
- During social interactions with family and friends
Accent Reduction Training
Accent reduction training is offered to those who wish to modify their pronunciation with the aim that others better understand their speech. Accent reduction training works towards clearer and concise speech as well as helps increase self-confidence. At Anderson Speech Consultants, our team uses materials and modification techniques developed by LDS, one of the world leaders in accent reduction training. Written materials, audio-recordings, and computer programs are used in conjunction with individual and group coaching to provide the skills needed for successful accent reduction. Our materials are specially designed to provide intensive and practical instruction for the non-native English speaker.
Accent reduction training begins with an extensive evaluation of speech patterns then develops into an individualized program to help achieve optimal results.
Our comprehensive training instruction covers the following topics:
- Pronunciation of job-related terminology
- Role playing of important business and social encounters
- Introduction of consonant and vowel systems
- Intonation instruction covering pitch, stress and the melodic “flow” of the English language
We offer a number of options to facilitate your needs:
- Private coaching provides a confidential and intensive approach in working on improving speech patterns
- Small group sessions limited to six participants. The small group program provides cost effective instruction in a supportive environment
- Clients can receive training at our Burlington location, at their workplace or in the comfort of their own home using our online services
The key to successful accent modification training is an individual’s commitment to improving their communication skills and the amount of time they practice between their weekly sessions.