At Anderson Therapy Services, we offer reasonable prices for our services. Assessment sessions are one hour in length. Treatment sessions can be 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or 1 hour in length. Treatment sessions can be carried out by a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) or Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA).
We accept VISA, MASTERCARD, debit, cash, cheque and email transfers. Anderson Therapy Services’ billing relationship is with you. Payment is due at the end of each session and you will be issued a receipt that you may submit for insurance or income tax purposes.
We require 24 hours notice for cancellation of any appointments. Clients will be charged for late cancellations.
If you wish to use health insurance, here is some general information:
Ask your employee benefits manager, human resource department or union representative about your coverage. Read the major medical or extended medical section carefully.
- Check for “Speech Therapy,” “Speech-Language Pathology,” “paramedical,” or (Occupational Therapy,” “Instructor Therapy,” “Pediatric Physiotherapy,” “Education Consultant,” or “other health services,”
- Determine the amount per session, per year and per person
- Determine if parent training sessions are allowed; if so, check to see if parent training sessions are deducted from the child’s coverage or from the parent’s coverage
- Check that both assessment and treatment sessions are covered
- Check for the insurance company’s year-end, to assist with your financial planning
- Check to see if a physician’s referral is needed for your insurance plan.
It is your responsibility to determine and manage your coverage and reimbursement from your insurance company.
Income Tax Deductions
Fees for speech-language pathology or therapy services may be claimed as a Medical Expense on your taxes. You may also be eligible for a Disability Tax Credit. Please check with the Canada Revenue Agency for a complete list of eligible medical expenses as well as disability tax credit information.
Automobile Insurance Coverage
If your cognitive-communication impairments are related to a car accident please call your auto insurance company to discuss your coverage. The amount of coverage you have will depend on:
- The severity of your injury (catastrophic or non-catastrophic)
- The amount of insurance coverage you have purchased (basic level or additional coverage)
Interim Federal Health Program
Our Speech-Language Pathologists are registered with the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) to provide speech and language assessment and therapy. Refugees may have special coverage through IFHP. We will help guide you through the system.